Cookies are files that are downloaded to your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or your computer and, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your computer.
In addition, they improve your browsing process, as they allow the website to offer the user information that may be of interest depending on the use you make, the content of it.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser so that it deletes them from your computer’s hard drive, blocks them or warns you if they are installed. To continue with no changes to the cookie settings, simply continue to the website.
The cookies we use do not store any personal data or any other type of information that may identify you, unless you wish to register voluntarily in order to use the services we make available to you or to receive information about promotions and contents of interest to you.
Types and purpose of cookies
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be classified in:
- Session Cookies: expire when the user closes the browser.
- Persistent cookies: they expire when the purpose for which they are used is fulfilled (for example, so that the user remains identified on the website and its services or when they are deleted manually).
Cookies, depending on their purpose, can be classified as follows:
- Performance Cookies (technical and personalization): This type of cookie remembers your preferences for the tools found in the services, so you do not have to reconfigure the service each time you visit. As an example, this typology includes: volume settings of video or sound players and video transmission speeds that are compatible with your browser.
- Geo-localization Cookies: These cookies are used to find out what country you are in when you request a service. This Cookie is completely anonymous, and is only used to help direct content to your location.
- Log Cookies (technical and personalization): Log Cookies are generated once the user has registered or subsequently opened his session, and are used to identify him in the services for the following purposes:
- Keep the user identified so that, if you close a service, the browser or computer and at some other time or another day re-enter the service, will remain identified, thus facilitating your navigation without having to re-identify. This functionality can be deleted if the user clicks the “close session” functionality, so that this Cookie is deleted and the next time you enter the service the user will have to log in to be identified.
- Check if the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
- Analytic Cookies: Each time a User visits a service or information on the website or a tool of an external provider (Google Analytics, Comscore and similar that may be added to this list if they vary from the current ones) generates an analytical cookie on the user’s computer. This cookie, which is only generated during the visit, will be used in future visits to the website services to anonymously identify the visitor. The main objectives pursued are:
- To allow the anonymous identification of navigating users through the cookie (it identifies navigators and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate counting of the number of visitors and their tendency in time.
- Identify anonymously the most visited content and therefore more attractive to users.
- To know if the user that is accessing is new or repeats visit. Important: Unless the user decides to register for any service or content of the website, the cookie will never be associated with any personal data that can identify you. These Cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help to optimize the experience of users on the website.
- Own advertising cookies: serve to manage the owner of the website if a user has visited or not the advertising it has included. They also allow the management of advertising spaces on the page storing data on the behavior of the user in navigation to be able to offer advertising ads.
- Third-party advertising cookies: In addition to the advertising managed by the website in its content or services, you may offer your advertisers the option of serving ads through third parties (“AdServers”). In this way, these third parties can store cookies sent from the contents of the website from the Users’ browsers, as well as access the data stored in them. The companies that generate these cookies have their own privacy policies.
How to block or delete installed cookies
You can allow, block, or delete cookies installed on your computer by setting your browser options. Information on how to do this, in relation to the most common browsers, can be found in the links below:
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/kb/278835
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
We inform you, however, of the possibility that the deactivation of any cookie prevents or hinders navigation or the provision of services offered on the website.